This Policy covers the treatment of personal data that FIH may collect when you are on the website and when you use the website services.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that FIH does not own or control, or to people that FIH does not employ or manage, including without limitation third-party advertisers or sponsors to whom you provide information. FIH makes its content available on a variety of third party platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram and these platforms are governed by their own terms and conditions. We do not accept any responsibility for those policies.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The use of certain functionalities on the website requires that you register with FIH and provide FIH with certain information about yourself, including personal data within the meaning of the EU Regulation on data protection (GDPR).
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Identity Data collected may include but is not limited to the following: first name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport/id number, nationality, occupation
- Contact Data includes mailing address, billing address, delivery address, zip code, country of residence, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data includes bank account and credit card details;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, and preferences;
- Usage Data includes Information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL);
- Marketing and Communications Data refers to tracked activity relating to your receipt of the FIH email newsletter. This may include but is not limited the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
- Cookies and Device Data;
- Other information you may provide to us, for example photographs, competition entries, opt-in for individual services and other information, as requested in the sign-up process.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FIH collects and processes your personal data solely for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration, your profile or your accreditation;
- To manage your licenses, to provide the necessary support for your transfer, to administer your membership, to create your team profile;
- To provide and improve the FIH Digital Platforms (e.g. FIH website, applications, etc.), services, or FIH content, their features, to communicate with you and to enable users to enjoy all other services;
- To host and facilitate the organisation of FIH events;
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as sending out subscriptions;
- To administer our website and for statistics purposes such as analysing the performance of our website in order to improve the quality of the services offered to users and to understand how visitors use them;
- For internal administrative purposes - such as our accounting and records - and to make you aware of any changes to our services;
- For travel and accommodation organisation;
- For activities, promotions and/or campaigns of the FIH or FIH partners;
- For sports and marketing purposes.
These purposes shall include every activity necessary to stage, organise, implement, recognise or take part to events directly managed by FIH, as well as for those events entrusted and/or subcontracted to third parties, by FIH. Collecting and handling Data and/or Information for sports and marketing purposes includes as well all the activities deemed necessary to develop a Sports Database including all the athletes’ and officials’ information, to enable the Events accreditation process, to implement a public sports results database, to contact athletes, officials and National Associations to provide news, information and notices as well as targeted advertising by e-mail newsletters and any other means of communication by FIH and any other authorised third party. In the same way, any other activity deemed necessary to be carried out by FIH or by authorised third parties to pursue sports and marketing goals, shall be considered as part of the abovementioned sports and marketing purposes.
Your data is primarily processed in Switzerland and the European Union, but may be stored and used elsewhere depending on the location of affiliates, business partners, stakeholders and other entities who are permitted to access such information under the terms of this Policy (and such locations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may include countries which may not afford the same level of protection of such data as the country from which you provided the information). If we do process your information outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated as safely and securely as it would be within Switzerland and under the Swiss Data Protection Act (“DPA”), as amended from time to time and the GDPR.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
FIH will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. FIH may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- FIH has your consent to share the information;
- FIH needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- FIH needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of FIH to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information FIH provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- FIH is required by law to provide such information to the courts or other competent authorities; or
- As a matter of principle, FIH will never transmit your personal data to third parties without your prior consent. FIH reserves the right to release your personal data if FIH is required under law to do so, or in the good-faith believes that such release is necessary to comply with applicable legislation.
FIH is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without verifiable parent or guardian consent.
FIH does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal data to FIH.
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary to promote our services and operate our website efficiently for the publication of news, media and related press release content online. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we analyse what content has been viewed on our website, so that we can understand how they are used.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a subscription from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver your subscription.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
You have the following rights under the DPA and GDPR, which this Policy and our use of your information have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of information;
- The right of access to the information we hold about you; if you wish to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know. We may charge a small fee for providing this service, simply to cover administration costs.
- The right to rectification if any information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time), but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your information;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your information to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your information for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your information, please send us an email to [email protected] We may require you to provide verification of your identity. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”) or the competent information Commissioner in the EU (where applicable). Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
FIH will retain your personal data only as long as necessary and needed for the purposes set out above. Please note that data may be kept for a longer period of time exclusively for mere statistical purposes and FIH shall use anonymous data wherever possible.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FIH has implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your information for improper purposes
If you communicate with FIH by email, you should note that the secrecy of internet email is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential email messages or information which are not encrypted, you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the internet.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
If you can access other websites through links provided, those websites do not operate under this Policy. If you choose to visit an advertiser or click on another third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We do not exercise control over third-party websites and therefore recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on these other websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
In the event consent was given, you have the right to withdraw such consent given at any time by sending an email to a written notice to [email protected]
FIH reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions contained in the present Policy, at any time in its sole discretion. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the website with the last revised date. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any queries, comments or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact FIH at: [email protected]
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
In the event that the provisions of this Policy conflict with the provisions of third-party similar documents, the provisions of this Policy shall prevail.
This Policy and all matters arising out of or related to this Policy shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, without regard to conflicts of laws and principles thereof.
Any controversy, claim or dispute between you and FIH arising out of or relating to this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Court of Arbitration of Sports of the City of Lausanne, Switzerland, and each party hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction and venue of such Court.